Hot Buttered Rum Recipe
There is not a better hot toddy recipe in the cold winter months than a hot buttered rum recipe. It is a drink that gives you images of a blazing fireplace during a blizzard. While not as pictorial, consider a hot toddy during an autumn dusk after apple picking, or instead of a mimosa during a February brunch. Whatever the occasion, try this hot buttered rum recipe for your next cocktail in a mug event.
To make a hot buttered rum recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 stick unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- A dash of ground cloves
- A dash of salt
- 16 oz of dark rum
- A kettle of boiling water
- 4 mugs
- Cream the butter and sugar. In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt for the hot buttered rum recipe.
- Refrigerate the mixture. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours, until firm. This hot toddy recipe mixture can stay refrigerated for up to one week.
- Spoon the hot buttered rum mixtures into mugs. Remove the hot buttered rum mixture from the refrigerator and spoon out two tablespoons into four mugs. Put the remainder back in the refrigerator for future use.
- Pour in the dark rum. Add four ounces of rum to each hot buttered rum mug.
- Top with boiling water. Pour the boiling water into the mug until full. Stir well and serve the hot buttered rum recipe immediately.