Hot Toddy Recipe
Just finished a long day of skiing and need a great hot toddy recipe? If you’re looking for the perfect hot alcoholic beverage then you’ve come to the right place. Whip up a few of these yummy drinks tonight using this simple and fun hot toddy recipe. If you don't have everything on the ingredient list that's fine, there are a lot of different variations that are just as tasty as the original.
To make hot toddies you’ll need:
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Hot water
- Black or green tea (one tea bag per Toddy)
- Scotch whiskey
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Tea kettle or sauce pan
- Spoon or stirring implement
- Heat your water. In your tea kettle, or a medium sized sauce plan, heat a cup and a half of water. The water shouldn’t be boiling, but should be very warm. When the water is hot add one tea bag. Black and green tea are the most common teas used in hot toddy recipes, but you could use any flavor or type of tea that you like. If you’re not a tea drinker you can use plain hot water.
- Prep your mug. Pour about a tablespoon of honey, one ounce of your favorite Scotch whiskey, and the juice of one lemon wedge into the bottom of a coffee mug or Irish coffee glass. Try experimenting with different types of honey. Clover and orange honey are particularly enjoyable in hot toddies. If you like a more rusty toddy, drop the lemon wedge into the glass after it has been squeezed.
- Pour your tea and enjoy. Add the steaming hot tea to your glass or mug and stir well. For an added kick and a nice garnish, grate a little fresh nutmeg on top of the toddy. Serve on a cold day with a selection of warm homemade cookies and muffins and your friends will never want to leave your house.