Hotmail On Iphone
Getting Hotmail on iPhone is not difficult. You just have to work around the constraints on the iPhone. One of the perks of having an iPhone is having all the benefits of your normal email on a phone, so it would be a shame if you could not access your Hotmail account from it.
To add Hotmail on your iPhone, you will need:
- Data plan for your iPhone, or connected to Wi-Fi network
- Tap “Settings from the iPhone home screen.” This opens the list of available settings to change on your iPhone.
- Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” and open “Add Account.” You are presented with a list of email account choices, but Hotmail is not on the list.
- Open “Microsoft Exchange from the list.” You will be prompted to enter information from your account. You are able to use your Hotmail information in the Microsoft Exchange account section.
- Enter your Hotmail account information. Enter your full Hotmail email address in “Email,” leave “Domain” blank, enter your Hotmail address again in “Username” and enter your Hotmail password in “Password.” Tap “Next” when you are done.
- Allow the iPhone to verify your account and enter more information. Enter “m.hotmail.com” in “Server” and tap “Next.”
- Choose which parts of your Hotmail account you want to sync with the iPhone. Select to sync “Mail,” “Contacts” and/or “Calendars” on your iPhone. Tap “Save” to complete the setup.
This is the easiest way to setup Hotmail on your iPhone, but you still have the option to use the “Other” in “Add Account.” The only difference is that you would have to know the incoming and outgoing mail servers for Hotmail. The incoming server is “pop3.live.com” and the outgoing server is “smtp.live.com.”