House Music Songs
House music songs have a certain appeal. Many different styles of house music exist as different artists and cities have added their particular flavor to the genre. From deep house, to trance, to Baltimore house music and ghetto house, to the songs popularized in the clubs during house music’s formative years there are a plethora of songs to listen to. Here are the ten best house music songs.
- “Move Your Body (The House Music Anthem)” - Frankie Knuckles pres. Marshall Jefferson. Produced and arranged by Virgo and released on Trax Records, this anthem is definitely one of the best house music songs.
- “Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless)” - Crystal Waters. Crystal Waters, a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania dance music singer and the niece of legendary singer Ethel Waters had two major house music hits in the early nineties: "Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless)" in 1991 and "100% Pure Love" in 1994. "Gypsy Woman" became a worldwide sensation due to its catchy refrain.
- “I'll House You” - The Jungle Brothers. This house music song is heavily influenced by hip hop and is the first “hip-house” record recorded independent of the Chicago house scene.
- “In De Ghetto” - David Morales & The Badyard Club featuring Delta. Clocking in at just over ten minutes in length, the 1994 original, extended version spawned numerous remixes including another version with Crystal Waters.
- “Jack My Body” by Yellow House. Farley Keith’s version of "Jack My Body" Released in 1987 is one of the best house music songs. He enjoyed success in the early 80’s and returned in the late 80’s with this and other house music hits.
- "Coffee Pot (It's Time for the Percolator)”. This house music song, released on the Cajual label, is a club staple and a fan favorite. It was a major hit for artist Curtis Alan Jones of Chicago who has recorded under various monikers.
- “Whores In This House” by Frank Ski. Before he relocated to Atlanta, Frank Ski was responsible for this Classic Baltimore club/Ghetto House anthem.
- “Watch Out For The Big Girl” by Baltimore Club. Maybe it was the humor. Maybe it was the easy-to-remember lyrics. No matter the cause, this song was a smash in the club and is fondly remembered by house music fans as one of the best house music songs.
- “Your Love” by Frankie Knuckles. Released on Trax Records in 1987 this song features vocals from Jamie Prinicple although most releases bill legendary house DJ Frankie Knuckles as the artist. Either way, this house music song is a classic in the house genre.
- “Follow Me” by Aly-us. This is one of the most popular house music songs and received radio play as well as spins in clubs worldwide.