How To 180 On A Snowboard
Learning how to 180 on a snowboard is not something you will be able to do overnight. It is a process that requires devotion and constant boarding practice. The following is some advice on learning how to 180 on a snowboard.
- First, make sure that the board you own or rent is perfect for you. It should fit you perfectly, and your boots should be very comfortable. This is important because it will make practicing much easier.
- Next, hit the slopes and practice your boarding. Practice turning from side to side quickly and practice using your other foot forward, as getting this down will help you maintain your balance once you land a jump such as a 180.
- Then, work on your ollies. If this is new to you, start small and work your way up. Start with little hops and over time (this can take hours and hours, or even days in a row, and it will tire you out), get to the point where you can forcefully jump up, with knees bent, as if you were jumping from your two feet.
- Once you are comfortable with your basic ollie, you can begin to learn the 180 on a snowboard. A 180 snowboard trick is a half rotation of your body while you are in the air. This means that you will have to jump up and twist your body, so that your snowboard turns 180 degrees, and your other foot ends up forward on the land.
- From the board, jump up and try to twist your body. The first few times, you may land sideways and fall, but keep at it until you can fully turn around. You have to do what you would do if you were trying to 180 with only your feet, but you must also twist your feet to rotate the board. Keep at it, and you will get it down eventually.
Learning how to 180 on a snowboard takes time and much devotion, but when you get it down, all of your effort will prove to be worthwhile.