How To 2 Step
It is not hard to learn how to 2 step. You just need a lot of practice and a willing partner. It can be a lot of fun. This guide will show you how to do the 2 step. There is a leader and a follower. These next few steps are for the leader doing the 2 step.
- Have the leader stand with their fee together. They need to be facing their partner.
- Put the right hand on the partner’s waist. Put the left hand to the side with the arm slightly bent.
- Grasp the partner’s hand. Wait for the music to start.
- On the first beat of the music step forward with your left foot. You need to step quickly.
- On the second beat step forward with the right foot. This also needs to be done quickly.
- On the third beat step forward with your left foot. This needs to be done more slowly.
- Pause on the fourth beat. On the fifth beat step forward very slowly with the right foot.
- Pause again on the sixth beat. Pull your left foot even with your right foot and repeat.
- The follower does things a little bit differently. First place the left hand on the leader’s right shoulder.
- Bend your right elbow. Put your palm on the leader’s right hand.
- Now do the exact opposite of your partner. Simply move the right foot back when they move their left foot forward. This is on the first beat.
- Now you just do the opposite. When your partner steps forward with his right foot you step back with your left.
To learn how to do the 2 step takes a lot of time and practice. The 2 step is a fast dance but at first you need to go slow until you get the steps down. It is a lot of fun so will be well worth your time. Have fun doing the 2 step!