Here is a little guide on how to activate the blu-ray remote control to play PS3 games. Are all of your Playstation 3 controllers broken? Missing the control scheme of the Philips CD-I? Maybe you just feel the need to play games one-handed. Hey, we're not judging. Whatever the reason, you want to use the Playstation 3 Blu-Ray Remote to play your games. The process may not be straightforward or well-documented, but it's a lot easier than you might think.
- Start the game. You won't be able to set up the remote unless a game has been started.
- Press and hold the PS button. The PS Button is the little button in the middle of the controller with the Playstation logo on it. When holding the button down, you should see the menu, rather than the Xross Media Bar.
- Select "Controller Settings".
- Change the controller number. The Blu-Ray remote is automatically assigned as controller number seven, which is why games can't see it. Under "Reassign the Controller", change the controller number from seven to one.
- Exit the menu. Using the circle button, return to the game.
The Blu-Ray remote has an equivalent to every button on the Dual Shock or Sixaxis controller, but does not include any analog sticks. Keep in mind that many Playstation 3 titles use both the D-Pad and the analog sticks for control, so these games won't be compatible with the remote. Any game that allows you to use just the D-Pad, though, is fair game. It may take a while to get used to the button layout, but before long you'll be playing like an old pro. Enjoy one-handed gaming!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.