Need to know how to activate other races in WA Dark Crusade? The popular game Warhammer 4000 spawned several sequels, starting with the game Winter Assault and then Dark Crusade. Unlocking the other races within these two games is actually fairly easy, as long as you have the required materials in order to make it work.
- First, you will need to have your original DoW game and that of Winter Assault. You will also need a zip program, such as WinRar or WinZip
- Insert your DoW Disc 1 into your CD/DVD drive. Skip the autorun and go into the disc's folder
- Open the file called "data1.cab"
- Copy the "w40k.exe" file into the Dark Crusade folder
- Exit the DoW folder and remove the disc then Insert the WA second disc.
- Again, skip the autorun and go into the disc's folder.
- Open the file called "WinterAssault3.cab"
- Copy the "W40kWA.exe" into the DC folder
- Exit the folder and remove the WA disc
This is the first part. The second part includes changing the registry for the game. It is very important that you are careful when working with the registry, as it is a vital part of maintaining your programs on your computer. Before attempting this, make sure that you have a current backup of your current registry or you have a current system save within system restore.
1. Opening a text file, begin to put in this series of codes:
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Dawn Of War]
- "InstallLocation"="C:\\Program files\\THQ\\Dawn of War – Dark Crusade\\"
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade]
- "WXPCDKEY"="" (The CD Key, CD Key WXP, W40KCDKey, and WXPCDKey will be that of the DoW and WA respectively.)
2. Save the file as DCfix.reg and confirm the registry change. Once complete, you will be able to play Dark Crusade with all available races.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …