How To Activate Verizon Phone
Are you looking to discover how to activate Verizon phones? Receiving a new Verizon phone outside of a retail store isn't unheard of, especially with the ease of use thanks to the internet. Many eligible phones are offered on both the Verizon website and Verizon approved dealers, allowing for users to get their new phone via their local store or through online means. To know how to activate a Verizon phone, you have three choices - either by phone activation, that of online activation, or store activation.
In order to activate a new Verizon cell phone, you will need:
- your Verizon cell phone or smartphone
- a regular landline phone or
- your home or office computer
- the instructions for activating your phone, usually included with your phone's packaging. This will have the number to call Verizon's activation line.
For online activation:
- Go to the main website for Verizon wireless.
- Under the "Support" link, choose "Account."
- Under the "Account" selection, on the right hand side, choose "Activate New Phone."
- On the new page, if you already have a Verizon account, sign in to it. If you do not have a Verizon account, you will need to sign up for one.
- Once you have signed in, you may need to click the "Activate New Phone" link again.
- On the activation page, there are two sections - one to back up your contacts and the other to activate your phone. If this is a new phone, but you are a previous Verizon customer, you can back up your contacts from your former phone and then import them to the new phone. If this is new phone and you are a new customer, you can skip this step and go forth with activation.
- Enter in your new phone's telephone number, your zip code, and the serial number (ESN/MEID). The serial number is in your phone; Verizon has a helpful visual to help you find this number.
- Click continue.
- Follow any further instructions and unless you encounter a problem, your phone should activate in a matter of minutes.
If you want to activate your phone via Verizon's customer support:
- Using a land line, dial the Verizon number listed within your documents. The instructions for activation will be in your phone's user manual.
- Follow the telephone instructions for activating your phone and wait for confirmation of activation. You can also speak to a representative who will also help you in activation.
If you want to activate your phone via a Verizon store:
- Stop in at any local Verizon store and have a store clerk activate your phone.
- Ask the clerk any questions that you may have in regards to your phone and service.
Learning how to activate Verizon phones is a simple process for those users who have not gone into a store to purchase their phones. The ease of the activation also helps in getting a user's phone up and running within minutes, so that they can enjoy their phone and the nation's largest mobile services.