Knowing how to add app files in iPhones is key to getting the most out of your smart phone. The iPhone not only allows you to make calls and store data, but it has been opened up to allow third parties to design and produce programs that work in a variety of different ways. Whether you want a foreign language dictionary or are addicting to playing games, an iPhone can become an instrument for a hundred purposes if you know how to add app files.
To add app files in your iPhone, you'll need:
- Working internet connection
- USB cord
- Make sure that your internet connection is in working order. Adding apps files to your iPhone involves downloading files from the internet before actually working with your iPhone.
- Download iTunes and setup iTunes on your computer. If you do not already have iTunes, make sure to download it. Search for iTunes in a search engine and you should be directed to Apple's website with simple instructions on where to click to download the file. Once you've downloaded the file, open and install. ITunes should prompt you for information such as your name and credit card number.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cord. A chord should have come with your iPhone, but can also be purchased at many electronics stores. Connecting the USB cord will allow you to transfer app files to your iPhone.
- On your computer, go to iTunes and select the app menu. You will be able to browse iTunes for programs by category, name or most popular downloads. You can, at this time, choose to search files that are free or ones that you must pay a fee before using their services. Once you choose a file, download it to your computer.
- Load the apps to your iPhone. Check to make sure that your iPhone is still connected to your computer via the USB connection. iTunes should have an icon that shows the name of your iPhone, indicating that the connection is in working order. Some versions of iTunes allow you to drag files over to your iPhone icon, while others need you to sync the files. If you need to sync the files, go to your file library, choose the "Apps" section, and click the files that you want synced with your iPhone. Click the button that allows you to apply those changes.
- Check the files on your phone. Once the transfer is complete, check to make sure the files are working. The transfer will have created a new icon on your iPhone. Touch the corresponding icon and you are ready to go.
- Download files directly on your iPhone. If you have a good connection, you can also access iTunes on your phone. Since iTunes is preloaded on iPhones, you do not have to download it. Instead, follow the steps using iTunes on your phone instead.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.