Need to know how to add bots on Battlefield 2 Local server? Adding bots is a pretty simple task and can be easily done in a matter of minutes. However, there is a limit to the amount of bots you can add to your "Battlefield 2 Local" server, 32 bots to be exact. This limit can easily be bypassed, which will also be discussed here.
Before you proceed to bypass the bot limit, make sure that you actually want more than 32 bots. Adding more bots can slow down your computer and lag your game because adding more bots to your local server uses more of your CPUs. If you truly want to add more bots, read on. If not, skip this step.
Bypassing the bot limit. Go to your "Battlefield 2" Installation directory, usually located at: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2. Go to this path, and open the 'mods' folder.
Now, proceed to the 'bf2' folder. Then, open the 'AI' folder.
- Finally, open the file AIDefault.ai with Notepad. Firstly, add "rem" to the beginning of the third to the fifth lines that start with "aisettings."
- Then, remove the "rem" from the beginning of the sixth to ninth lines that start with "aisettings."
- Now, go to the line that says: 'aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32'.
- Change the '32' to the amount of bots you want, for example '64.' Now, save your file.
- Open Battlefield 2. Since you're running a local server, you'll need to open "Battlefield 2" to do so. Open "Battlefield 2" and click on 'Multiplayer' at the top of your screen.
- Set up the local server. Now, click on 'Create Local,' which is right under the 'Singleplayer' button. Now, you should see a drop list next to some text that says 'Game Mode' near the bottom left side of the screen. Click on the drop list and click on 'Co-op.' Now, change all the game settings you want in the necessary area. When you get to the number of bots, slide the slider for the number of bots all the way to the right side of the bar. You will notice that it still says '32.' However, when you load up the server there will be 64 bots.
- Start the server. Start your server and enjoy the game!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.