Ever wonder how to add fonts on your Mac? Adding fonts to your Mac can be a great way to expand your library of options. If you do any graphic designing or layout tasks, it can even be a vital part of your job to have the right font for your project. Just find your operating system version below and following the instructions.
What you'll need:
- Your font file (downloaded from a reputable internet source or from a font CD)
- Computer that you want to add the fonts
- Knowledge of which version of the MAC OS your system has installed
For Mac OS X Version 10.0 through Version 10.2.8:
Turn off the Classic environment. You can do this by clicking the "Apple" menu > "System Preferences" > "Choose View" > "Classic" > "Stop."
- Get to the "System" folder's "Fonts" folder. You can get to this by double clicking the hard drive icon on your desktop, "System" and then "Fonts."
- Drag the specific font folders into your "Fonts" folder. Open your word processor and verify that the font is there. You can do that by using the drop down menu or the font sub-menu option in the "Pages" format menu.
For Mac OS X 10.3 User or later:
If your Mac includes the classic environment, you will need to turn it off. You can do this by clicking "Apple" menu > "System Preferences" > "Choose View" > "Classic" > "Stop."
Open the Applications folder. This folder can be found inside your hard drive.
- Open the "Font Book" folder. This will bring you to the font storage area.
- Click the triangle next to the words "All Fonts." This should expand a list of currently installed fonts.
- Copy your font files. Then paste or drag them into the folder.
- Close your "Font Book" window. This will save your changes. Open you word processor to verify your fonts have been installed. This can be done with the drop down font menu or menu bar.
Tips & Warnings:
- Be sure the fonts are compatible with Mac. There are a limited number of formats that do not work on a Mac. This list will vary depending on your OS X.
- Be sure to get your fonts from a reputable source. You can do damage to your system if you download a malicious file.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?