How To Add Internet Explorer 6 Icon To My Desktop
Having a program's icon on your desktop can be very handy, so here's how to add Internet Explorer 6 Icon to your desktop. You can make the Internet Explorer 6 icon to your desktop by making a shortcut. Creating the native Internet Explorer 6 icon the way it was in prior versions of Windows is a better way.
Using the native icon gives you two benefits. You are able to right-click and go directly to the Internet Options panel. It also does not have the shortcut icon arrow. Below are the stops to add the Internet Explorer 6 icon to your desktop by creating the native icon.
Add Internet Explorer 6 Icon to Desktop for Windows XP:
- First of all, you need to right-click on the desktop. You will see a side menu come up, choose Properties from this menu.
- Click on the Desktop tab. At the bottom of this window click on Customize Desktop.
- In the Desktop Icons section of the dialog box put a check next to Internet Explorer. Click okay twice.
Add Internet Explorer 6 Icon to Desktop for Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click on Start and Control Panel. You can also right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize.
- From the Control Panel window click on Personalize. Click on the link for Change Desktop Icons on the left-hand side.
- Find the Internet Explorer icon and check the box. Click the Apply button and the Internet Explorer icon will be on the desktop.
You will now have an icon for Internet Explorer 6 on your desktop. You do not need to restart because it will show up automatically after clicking okay or apply.