How To Add Music To Iphone
Need to know how to add music to your iPhone? Adding music to your iPhone from your personal computer can seem like a chore, but it is really just as simple as all other Apple products. Your iPhone comes with the iTunes application pre-installed on your phone, so just follow the steps below and you will have your music on your iPhone in minutes.
To add music to your iPhone, you will need:
- A computer with iTunes
- An iPhone
- A USB cable for your iPhone
You will first need to prepare your devices. Turn on your computer and iPhone, then plug your iPhone into your computer with the supplied USB cable.
- When you plug your USB cable into your iPhone, your computer should automatically open iTunes. If by chance your computer does not automatically open iTunes, simply open it manually.
- Now it is time to select your iPhone under “Devices.” In the iTunes program under the “Devices” section, on the left side of the iTunes screen, click on the ”iPhone” icon.
- Now, select that you would like to download “Music” in iTunes. Within the iTunes program, click on the tab labeled “Music” at the top. When you click on the “Music” tab, iTunes will then load all music that you have available to sync along with the different syncing options available.
- Select what kind of syncing option you would like to use. iTunes will offer to sync your music to your iPhone with two different methods: “Entire Music Library” or “Selected Playlists, Artists and Genres.” Select the option you would prefer; when making this decision, consider the amount of space you have available on your phone as well as how much you have on your computer.
- Selecting which music to sync if you do not sync your entire collection is a little more timing consuming, but rather simple. If you chose to sync “Selected Playlists, Artists and Genres,” then you will need to select what music you would like to add to your iPhone. To add music to your sync list, simply click the check box next to the music file that you would like on your iPhone.
- When you have selected all of the music that you would like on your iPhone, it is time to sync. All that is left to sync the music to your phone is to click the “Sync” button on the bottom right of your iTunes program.
- Leave your iPhone plugged into your computer until your computer says it is safe to disconnect. When iTunes has finished syncing your selected music to your iPhone, iTunes will display the message, “iPhone Sync is Complete: OK to Disconnect.”
- After disconnecting your iPhone from your computer, you can view your new music on your iPhone. Simply click on the iTunes application on your iPhone and you will now be able to see all of your music there.