Need to know how to add a network printer on a Mac? Many people and businesses use network printers which are accessible to anyone connected to the network. Most of the network printers will have an IP address and use the TCP/IP Protocol to communicate with other devices on the network. This protocol works well across different operating systems and types of computers, which will make it a snap for you to add a network printer on a Mac and print to any network printer on your local area network. You can install the new printer without closing your open applications because you will not have to restart the Mac after adding the printer.
- Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen. Choose "System Preferences" from the menu.
- Click on "Print & Fax" in the "Hardware" section of the "System Preferences" to open it.
- Click on the "+" button beneath the "Printers" pane in the "Print & Fax" window. Select the "IP" icon from the top of the window.
- Choose the protocol for your connection from the "Protocol" selection box. Type the IP (or Internet Protocol) address or the printer's host name in the "Address" area. If you don't have this number, print a configuration page from the network printer and look for the set of numbers identified as an IP address.
- Type a name and location for the printer in the spaces provided. Click one of the arrows in the "Print Using" area. Highlight "Select a driver to use."
Choose your printer model from the list that appears. Click the "Add" button.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …