It's quick and easy to learn how to add a radio to a website. Why not spice up your website with some easy listening? Internet radios are hosted off of the sites that offer them. To use one, you need only copy the provided code and paste it into the right place in your own website's HTML coding.
You will need:
- A website where you can edit the HTML code (you have to be the admin)
- An internet radio (this article will show you how to use Last.fm, but this method works for any kind of internet radio)
- A web editor (unless your site has a built-in online editor, as many blogs do)
- Copy the code that the radio site provides. Usually the code will be in its own little box so that you can select all of the text and copy it with keyboard shortcuts without copying the rest of the website. If you don't want to use shortcuts, just drag to select all of the text, right-click on the text and select “Copy.”
Go to your website's coding view. You can use a web editor or the HTML editor some blogs have built-in. So long as it lets you directly edit the HTML code, it will work.
Paste the code anywhere within the "body" area of the site's HTML. The "body" area is denoted by tags that read "<body>" (the beginning) and "</body>" (the end). Save the file.
- If you edited the file on your computer, update the files so that your edited file overwrites the old, radio-less one.
- Go to your website and view the page. Depending on which radio you picked, you will have either a button to click that starts the internet radio or an embedded radio player with a “Play” button to click.
- Click the button and enjoy the music!
Before you click the “Edit” button, browse the available internet radios until you find one that plays the kind of music you want. Internet radios tend to only play the “channels” provided by the site that offers them, so don't expect to be able to tune between all available stations like you would on a real radio.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.