Want to know how to address a golf ball? Addressing a golf ball is the most important step before hitting a golf ball. Once you learn how to address a golf ball, you will be ready to play the game of golf. Most people overlook this important step and look accordingly when they step up to the tee. Learn how to address a golf ball the correct way and improve your golf game.
Things you will need:
- A golf ball
- A golf club
- Align your body correctly. Feet, knees, forearms, hips, shoulders and eyes should be parallel to the target. Once you have aligned your body correctly, you are ready to address the golf ball.
- Stand over the golf ball. Move back until you feel comfortable with the distance. The golf ball should be even with the middle of your body. The club head should be square with the golf ball.
Line up your feet about shoulder width apart with the golf ball even with the middle of your body. The head of your club should be square with the golf ball. The ball should be on a line with the inside of the heel of your front foot. If you align your body correctly, your golf shot will be consistent.
- Play your short irons with the golf ball in the middle of your stance. Play your middle irons a ball closer to your left foot; play your long irons and fairway woods two balls closer to your left foot; and the driver three balls closer to your left foot. This is golf balls in distance from the center of your stance.
- Relax your arms, shoulders and knees. Relax and enjoy the game. If you stiffen up, it will mess up your shot. Relaxing your body will give you a nice consistent golf swing.
- Keep your eyes on the golf ball at all times. If you lift your head, you will mess up your shot. If you take your eyes off the golf ball, you will mess up your shot. When you align your body correctly, stand correctly, line up the ball correctly, relax and keep your eyes on the ball, you will have a consistent golf swing. Now it is time to go out on the golf course to test out what you have learned.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.