If your headlights on your 2006 Mercedes Benz C230 are aiming too low, too high or too far to one side, you can adjust them easily by following the next steps. All you'll need is a screwdriver. this should be done in a garage or poorly lit area so you can see the beam.
What You'll need:
- First of all you need to set the lights up. The best way to do this is to drive the car close to a wall, usually the inside of a garage is best. The ground must be as flat as possible. If your garage is not flat, ie. On a slope, then you could perform this in a quiet underground parking lot for instance.
- Being as close as possible to the wall with the headlights turned on, mark the wall where the center of the light is located on the wall. Reverse the car back around 15 feet. You will notice the light's aim is away from the marks on the wall.
- Open the hood and locate the black plastic adjuster screws on the back of the headlights, which are at the front end of the vehicle. Using a screwdriver, adjust the plastic screws for height, until the center section of the lights converge to cover the marks on the wall, then adjust it so the beam is around 2 inches down and to the right of the marks. Repeat this for both lights.
- If, the lights are off center, the third adjuster on the back of the low beam lights need to be adjusted. This moves the light beam sideways from left to right. Again, adjust it with a screwdriver until the light beam and the marks are centralized, but still two inches lower and to the right of the marks. If the vehicle is right-hand drive, then the beam has to be to the left.
- Should your 2006 Mercedes Benz C230 have badly aimed self adjusting Bi-Xenon lights. If the beam is off, then their could be a problem with the axle sensor, or the a suspension problem causing the lights to be out of adjustment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...