How To Adjust Invicta Strap
Would you like to know how to adjust an Invicta strap? While some watch bands fit the owner’s wrist straight out of the box, your new Invicta strap may require adjustment. Most straps and bands are easy to adjust yourself, but some require professional sizing.
The Invicta watch company came into being almost 175 years ago. Founded in Switzerland in 1837, the company strives to create exceptional Swiss timepieces that the average man can afford. Invicta currently markets five distinctive watch brands at fairly reasonable prices.
The Invicta website is a great resource, offering a complete catalog, an online instruction manual, warranty information, and a service request form. Contact the company directly for information specific to your watch brand and model. To make your own adjustments, follow these general instructions. But remember, do-it-yourself adjustments may void the warranty, so check with Invicta before adjusting the strap yourself.
- Adjustable Clasp Straps. Adjustable clasp straps are easy to size. If this kind of strap applies to your Invicta watch, just move the spring bar to a different hole. Use a pin pusher, or even a paper clip, to remove the spring bar. Then place the end of the bar in a different hole. Depress the other end to snap in place.
- Stretch Band Straps. To adjust an Invicta strap with a stretch band, remove a few links from the band. Wrap the strap around your wrist and count the overlap to determine the number of links to remove. Bend the flaps of the section to remove, and slide the section apart. Reassemble the band and close the flaps.
- Bracelet Straps With Pins. Some Invicta straps use friction pins to connect the links. Use a link remover and pin pusher to make the adjustment. Arrows on the band’s underside show the direction to push the pin. Adjust your strap to the right length, and reinsert the pin.
- Clip Spring Straps. If your Invicta watch has a three-part (fold over) clasp, it uses clip springs. Use a pin pusher, screwdriver, or needle-nose pliers to open a clip and remove a link. Reassemble the strap by pushing the clip completely back into the link.
- Exotic Leather Straps. It is best to send exotic leather straps to Invicta for adjustment. Exotic straps include crocodile, alligator, lizard, and other leather bands. The company can also adjust rubber watch bands.