How To Adjust Nike Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Wondering how to adjust a Nike heart rate monitor watch? To adjust a Nike heart rate monitor watch, begin by checking to see which style of monitor watch you have. Nike makes two different kinds of heart rate monitor watches. The first style has an elastic belt with two electrodes that read your heart rate when attached to your chest, then send a signal to the receiving watch. The other style of heart rate monitor watch reads your pulse from your wrist, and you put it on like a normal watch.
To adjust a Nike heart rate monitor watch that comes with a chest strap and electrodes, the steps you need to follow are:
- Program your personal information, including height, weight, age, and desired target heart rate into the watch.
- Fill a spray bottle with water.
- Spread out the chest strap.
- Mist the inside of the chest band with the spray bottle.
- Wrap the chest strap around the upper part of your rib cage, with the plastic bulge containing the electrodes in the center of your chest, right at heart level.
- Look for a little pulsating heart on the watch face to make sure the monitor is reading your pulse.
Using a heart rate monitor watch lets you check your heart rate during workouts, to make sure you are working out at a safe but effective pace. You will see the most results from your workouts if you exercise within your target heart rate's range, at a pace that is not too hard and not too easy. Using a heart rate monitor watch gives you control over the way you manage your heart rate.