Learning how to adjust subwoofers will enable you to get the most out of your car's stereo system. The process of adjusting the subwoofer is very easy and does not require and special tools or knowledge. All you will need is some music to test the adjustments with and a good ear to adjust subwoofer to your preferences. To properly adjust subwoofer, you will need to have already installed and connected them.
- Play a CD of your choice. This should be a CD which represents the music you will typically listen to. Turn the system volume to a decent level, not too high but a little higher than normal. This will help detect any distortion during the adjustment process.
- Adjust the gain control. This is located on the back of your subwoofer. To adjust subwoofers, you will need to begin with the gain control. Adjust the gain control by turning it all the way down to zero (typically to the left). Slowly turn it up until the music becomes distorted. Once the music becomes distorted turn the gain down slightly and leave it.
- Adjust the bass boost. Adjust the second knob on your subwoofer, known as bass boost. Again, start with zero and slowly turn this knob while listening to your music. Continue adjusting this until your music sounds satisfactory without any distortion.
- Continue to adjust. Change the CD and turn up the volume slightly, continue to adjust subwoofer gain and bass boost. You may need to repeat this several times until it sounds satisfactory without any distortion. You may find yourself adjusting the bass boost or gain levels later on as you notice imperfections in your adjustments; this is common.
- Some subwoofers may not have a bass boost knob but rather an on/off switch. Turn the bass boost on or off to your liking.
- Turn the volume up and test the subwoofer again, you may find you need to turn the gain down if you listen to your radio at high volume.
- Adjust subwoofer according to the music you listen to. Some music may not sound as good as other music with your chosen settings.
- You can always go back and re-adjust. Your settings can be configured at anytime. Practice makes perfect.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)