How to Adjust Tag Watch Bands
People are sometimes not sure how to adjust Tag watch bands. Adjusting your band is dependent on the type of watch you wear. Either way, you can adjust your Tag watch whether it is too big or too tight.
To adjust Tag watch bands, you will need:
- Tag watch
- Small hole punch (for link watches)
- Fit the Tag watch band on your wrist. Determine if the band is too big or too small. A small watch feels tight, while a big watch feels loose.
- Adjust the watch band. If the watch is too tight, go a size up and put the buckle end piece into the next hole. If the Tag watch band is loose, you have to go a size down.
- Figure out how the Tag watch band feels. If it still loose or tight, then put the buckle end piece into the next hole. Puncture a new hole with a pin if necessary.
- Try on your watch. If it fits properly, continue wearing that watch as is. If not, either create another hole or take it to your jeweler for adjusting.
- Fit the Tag watch band on your wrist. Most likely, the watch is going to be big since most link watches feel loose. With your thumb and index finger together, hold the loose part of your watch and determine how many links you need to take out.
- Lay the watch on its side. Look for the arrows on your links. These help you get the links off your watch. Place the small hole punch in the hole of the links you want to remove and push it all the way through.
- Pull the bar through with pliers. The bar detaches the link from the Tag watch band. Repeat step 2 for removing the clasp.
- Join the clasp and link together by pushing the bar through. Check to see that none of the bar’s side sticks out. Try on your watch to see if it fits. Repeat steps 2 through 4 to make any necessary adjustments.
Tips: Take your watch to your jeweler if you still have trouble adjusting it, or if your link watch needs to be bigger. Do not poke yourself while adjusting your Tag watch band.