Need to know how to alphabetize in Microsoft Word? Alphabetizing in Microsoft Word is an easy and quick process. This useful tool enables you to alphabetize the text of a bullet list or a numbered list as well as sorting the contents of a table. The instructions below indicate how to alphabetize a bullet list.
To alphabetize in Microsoft Windows, you will need
- Computer, Desktop or Laptop
- Microsoft Word 2007
Launch Microsoft Word. After you have opened a blank document, type a simple bullet list (e.g. use the following items in your list exactly as they are listed here: spread butter with a knife, lay bread on counter, cut bread). To type and alphabetize a bullet list please follow the instructions listed:
- Click the "Home" tab on the ribbon, in the "Paragraph" group, then click the bullet button.
- A bullet symbol will appear for the first item. Type the first text item in the list, and enter. A bullet symbol will appear for the second item.
- Continue this process until you have typed in your whole list in Microsoft Word.
- Once you have the bullet list type, select it.
- Click the "Home" tab on the ribbon, in the "Paragraph" group, then click the "Sort" button (choose "A to Z" with a down arrow if you want your list to start in normal alphabetical order).
- The "Sort Text" dialog box will appear. For "Select By" choose "Paragraphs". For the "Type" choose "Text". Then select "Ascending".
- The typed bullet list is now alphabetized in Microsoft Word.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...