If you want to learn how to analyze a film, this short and informative article will shed some light on the fun yet basic way the average person can go about doing just that. Analyzing film is really not hard at all. People actually make a living doing this! Here's a short list on how you can get start analyzing films right away.
To analyze a film, you will need:
- Film of your choice on DVD, Blu-ray or other home media
- Note pad and pen
- Laptop (for home use only)
- Pick a film. Insert the disc into your DVD player and press "Play." The film should load and begin promptly. If you're at a movie theater, please adhere to the theater's policies. Unless you're at a private screening you may want to keep your note taking to a minimum to not disturb the moviegoers around you.
- Have a note pad and pen or pencil at the ready. Once the film starts playing, start writing. If you've never seen the film, it would be best to watch it without taking notes first. Once you've internalized the film, watch it again. Then it will be okay to jot down your thoughts. Write down the names of the cast, characters and crew members. Write down your thoughts on the opening credits. Once you're into the film, start to take mental notes. Does the plot move or drag along in certain places? What themes are being explored? Are there any character conflicts? Write them down! If you're familiar with shorthand, analyzing films will be a breeze. You'll be able to cover more ground that way.
- Use your laptop to take notes. If you've already watched the film in question, you can re-watch it and take notes using your laptop. Using a laptop is always optional when analyzing films because if you're watching the film with a crowd, friends or family, it may cause a disturbance. You definitely don't want any distractions when analyzing films.
Don't let the title of this article get you down. There's nothing to analyzing films. All you're really doing is watching movies and taking notes. That's it. It may get a little tricky early on, but through practice you'll be able to analyze a film in no time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!