Many employers are using Craigslist to search for potential hires as it is the most simplest and cheaper option compared to placing a job ad in a newspaper or any other media method, so knowing how to answer Craigslist job openings will put you in the game. It makes the average job hunter's work less easy as you can easily access to Craigslist and find plenty of job opportunities. Learn how to answer Craigslist job openings
- Find the selected state and city to find a job. When you find a job that interests you, go to the ‘reply to’ area in the job ad, then right click on the email address or copy and paste it into the compose box of your email account.
- Respond to an ad no more than two weeks old. Most of the employers are looking to hire quickly and the last thing you want to find out is that job position is already filled, or even worse, the job ad were removed by the poster. If you are on the job hunt daily, it is wise to answer Craigslist job opening according to its recent date.
- Reply to jobs similar to your skills. Unless you are a high school or college student looking for a job for the first time or find an employer who is willing to train, it is best to answer to job openings that you have similar skills in so there is a great chance in getting a response or a job interview. Save yourself time and the employers-especially if the company specifically states what type of employee they want to hire.
- Make your message short and simple. When looking for job openings on Craigslist, type your email message similar to an introductory letter, let the poster know your interest in the job position, then briefly talk about yourself, your work experience, and the benefits of hiring you to work for the company. Kindly ask if they could review your resume then end it with leaving your name and contact information- your phone number or email address.
- Attach a resume and cover letter. This is the time to highlight your skills and you as a potential employee, when answering Craigslist job openings by attaching your resume and cover letter. If the employer does not want the resume attached, just copy and paste it into the body of the email, along with your response then send it.
Tips: If you are unfamiliar with the company or they left out a few important pieces of information, ask questions (i.e. company's history, their location, how long they were in business) Better yet, check out BBB.org or RipOffReport.com where you can research the company and find out if they are legitimate or not.
Never give out your personal information- your bank account number, Social Security number or a scanned copy of your identification card. These are usually red flags as the company is sketchy so do not bother replying to the job opening at all.
Create a new email address. Sometimes not every job you find is genuine, some may use your email address to send countless of spam, so avoid attracting junk email by using
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.