It's a good idea to learn how to apply for a city job in Chicago if you're looking to find a job in Chicago's competitive market. For Chicago residents, city jobs can provide great employment opportunities. The best part is that Chicago has implemented as easy-to-use online system that makes applying for jobs a breeze.
- Go to the City of Chicago official website at www.cityofchicago.org. Once you get to the website, click on "Employment" under the "Programs and Initiatives" tab.
- Click on "Apply for City of Chicago Job Opportunities" under "Services." This can be found on the "Employment" home page.
- Register in the Chicago Automated Recruiting Evaluation Employment Reporting System (CAREERS). You'll be asked to provide your name and other personal information in order to find out how to apply for a city job in Chicago.
- Create an online candidate profile. This can include your job history, resume and cover letter. Potential employers will be able to see this profile when you apply for a city job.
- Browse through the available job openings. Once you know how to apply for a city job in Chicago, you'll want to remember the jobs that interest you.
- Submit your application to a potential employer. As you progress through the steps of applying for a city job in Chicago, there may be specific questions and requirements associated with each position.
The simple click-through system leads you through the steps of applying for a city job in Chicago, but make sure you don't rush through the process. Answer each question carefully and don't leave any answers blank. Make sure you have proof of your eligibility to work in the United States, whether it is a Social Security card, passport or alien registration card. As you become familiar with applying for a city job in Chicago, you'll find that every single city job requires this. Be warned: you cannot be hired by the city if you owe city debts.