How To Apply Condoms
Learning how to apply condoms correctly is very important. When used right, condoms can prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases and prevent pregnancy. Follow these simple steps to ensure your condom is on correctly.
- First things first - There are many brands of condoms on the market. Each brand fits differently, has different lubrication, and/or ribbing. Find one that you like.
- Open the package - Place the condom into the palm of your hand, and observe it. Make sure there are no holes, and it is intact. Using your fingers, flip the condom to the correct side, the side that will roll onto your penis. The other side will not roll, because it will be inside out.
- Apply - Make sure your penis is fully erect. Gently pinch the tip of the condom and then slowly roll the condom down the shaft of your penis, making sure to roll it down completely. Adding a drop of lubrication to the inside of the condom may increase pleasure and make it easier, too.
- Slide - Using your hand, gently slide the condom up so that there is a bit of slack near the head. You don't want it to be too tight.
- After sex - Remove your penis immediately. Hold onto the condom to ensure that it doesn't slip or spill semen. Tie off the end of the condom, and dispose of properly. (Never flush condoms!)
It may take a bit of practice to get the motion down. Experiment with different styles of condoms if the one you're using doesn't feel right. As you can see, it doesn't take a whole lot of time or effort to apply a condom correctly, but it is a very important skill. Make sure to use a condom correctly and consistently in order to protect yourself and your partner.