How to Apply for Credit Card
It is good to know how to apply for a credit card. Credit cards allow the purchase of goods and services on credit for a specific time and under certain terms. There are a large variety of credit cards available. Applying for a credit card can be done by mail, over the phone, as well as online.
- Research different credit cards. Find out information about rates, plans, and special offers.
- Compare the different features offered. Is the interest rate fixed or does if fluctuate? What is the the credit limit?
Choose the card that would work best. Perhaps a card with a low interest rate is needed. Maybe the card with the longest amount of interest free days is the most attractive.
- Choose how to apply. Apply online and you may receive instant approval. Applications are normally accepted over the phone as well. Credit card companies also send out applications through the mail to make it easy for consumers to apply.
- Fill out the credit card application. Make sure to answer all necessary questions. It may be necessary to include income, the length of time of employment, social security number, date of birth, etc.
- Double check the credit card application. Make sure the information that has been provided is correct. Also make sure the application is complete. It may take longer to be approved without all of the indicated information.
- Wait for a response. If an application has been filled out online or over the phone, approval (or rejection) may come instantly. Applying by mail will take longer, of course.
Please be aware that applying for a credit card is serious business. Having too many credit cards or too many credit card inquiries can impact your credit score as well as your financial future.