How To Approach Women At A Bar
Learning how to approach women at a bar isn’t as complicated as most men make it out to be. First things first. Train yourself to get rid of those universally idiotic bad male habits. Males as a whole need to learn to view women for what they are. Human. They’re not some prey to be stalked.
- Quality not quantity. Unlearn that barbaric crap you're used to. Not even the most seasoned ladies man can just run into a bar “guns a blazin” and hope to have favorable results with the ladies. All of us make the mistake of playing the law of averages in a bar. We simply approach each and every available woman in the place with the same old garbage and wonder why, for the most part, it doesn’t work. Women from all walks of life, will tell you that a greedy overzealous approach will have you going home empty-handed at the end of the night. In a bar setting, women very subtly observe their surroundings. This includes you. So what do you think lady number seven thinks of you after she’s seen you approach multiple women before you got to her?
- Don't be a hunter. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that dysfunctional hunter mentality. It’s not what you do to get her, it’s what you restrain yourself from doing so you don’t loose your chance with her. Here’s the thing buddy, a woman’s already noticed you before you’ve even mustered up the courage to speak. By the time you get to her, she’s already assessed whether or not you’re a potential catch. If you approach a woman and she’s actually entertaining you and your small talk, she probably likes you at some level. It’s up to you not to mess it up.
- Be original There’s no way to shoot 100% from the field when approaching women, but you can definitely improve your chances. Separate yourself from the pack. Don’t be like every other guy charging towards the ladies.
- Be confident, but not cocky. Self confidence is hot. So show the ladies you’re comfortable enough with yourself to not go hunting. Do what the ladies do. Sit back and observe your surroundings. See what the bar has to offer.
- Be realistic, go for the girls that are giving you good signals. Now, some women just won’t be attracted to you so get over it. You don’t want anyone that doesn’t want you anyway. You need to figure out how to read her signs. She’ll throw you little invites if she's interested… The lingering eye contact… The smile. Pay attention. Learn to pick up on these little things. Think of the confidence you’ll have when you approach women that you can tell have an interest in you instead of going in blind.
- Be yourself, but better. Don’t think you can fall back into the old male habits just because the girl smiled at you. The most important thing you can do for yourself at this point is be yourself. Pay attention to her and generate a real conversation. Being your interesting self will give you a better chance of an eventual hook up with this young lady by the end of the night.
Being confident in the person you are and paying attention to your surroundings are by far the most important tools you can have when approaching women no matter the setting. Don't be overzealous and don't pretend to be someone you're not. You don’t want someone that doesn’t like you for who you are anyway.