How To Arrange Furniture
If you have just bought a new house, are moving from your old home, or are just interested in changing a room around, then it would do you good to know how to arrange furniture. If done correctly, you will be forever comfortable in your room/house, but if done incorrectly, you will always be in an underlying sense of disarray.
What you will need
- A partner to help you move the furniture
- A general sense of the size of the room
- A general sense of the size of the furniture
- Start by deciding whether you have everything you need to properly arrange the furniture in your room. In doing so, there will be no surprises. The best course of action is to make a quick mental checklist of everything you will need in a specific room. For example, if it is a living room, you want to account for any extra tables you need for lamps, a TV stand if you don’t have a mountable TV, a computer desk, and any kind of filing cabinets that many people have in their living rooms.
- The next thing you want to work with is the TV-couch furniture arrangement. Don’t put the couch in front of a high traffic area as people will have to walk in front of you while you’re watching TV. Also, be sure the couch has enough clearance on either side to put any tables such as side tables or a coffee table. On the TV, you will want to be sure that it is not blocking anything if it’s on a stand, if it’s mounted on the wall, you should be fine.
- Arrange the computer desk so that it is has a good amount of clearance for a chair to roll back on. If you have a rubber pad for the chair, then just make sure it fits nice and cozy in the desired spot for the desk. Also, as this is a widely used piece of furniture, be sure that you can have enough room around you to move your arms, etc.
- If you have any standing lamps you wish to place, there isn’t too much to worry about. The only thing you need to make sure with this step to furniture arrangement is that you can easily access the string, so a corner is probably not the best spot as it will get blocked by other furniture.
- For anything else such as pictures, candles etc. just make you can access them. Also keep in mind that smell good things like candles don’t need to be seen, but pictures and other visual items should be easily visible!