Learning how to assemble a mountain bike will help you save a lot of money. A bike already assembled can cost more money than a bike you purchase online and have shipped to your house. The only disadvantage is you have to assemble the bicycle yourself. While it may seem daunting to assemble a mountain bike, it is actually quite easy. This step by step guide will show you how to assemble a mountain bike.
- Make sure you have the proper tools. The tools you need are typically listed on the mountain bike's box or in the manual. Sometimes the manufacture will provide you with a set of simple tools. If you do not have them, you can buy them easily at any home improvement store.
- Make sure all the proper parts are in the box before taking them out. If any parts are missing, make sure you contact the seller as soon as possible. In some cases you may have to return the bike. The general parts should be a main frame of the bike, the seat, wheels, and some nuts and bolts.
- Take the parts out of the box. Once you are sure everything is in order you may take the mountain bike out of the box. Vertically lift everything out of the box.
- Place frame in a safe and open location. Almost all other parts of the mountain bike are one way or another attached to the main frame. Therefore, regardless of what parts you want to install first, you should always connect the parts to the frame.
- Use your tools to install the rest. Depending on the packaging and brand, your bike may come somewhat assembled to completely disassembled. Either way, you still need to install the petals, handle bars, brakes, wheels and seat. When installing them, make sure you place the correct nuts and bolts into place.
- Once the bike is finished, lubricate the joints. Lubrication will not only help the bike to run smoother, but will also help increase its longevity.
- If you do not have any tools and your mountain bike does not come with tools, it may be easier and cheaper for you to go buy a tool box instead of individual tools.
- Having a bike rack will make assembly easier.
- If you have any questions about the specific placement of any bolt and screws, make sure you consult your manual.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.