How To Attach A Laptop To Sony A Bravia KDL-46S5100
You can easily learn how to attach a laptop to a Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100 with the right tools. A Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100 is a 46-inch flat screen LCD HDTV that has several connections including one for a laptop. Whether you want to display images, play or transfer movies from your laptop to your Sony Bravia it can be done in a short amount of time. Video and audio content will be able to be transmitted to the Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100 for enjoyment of a larger screen once everything is connected properly.
To attach a laptop to a Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100 you need:
- Y-adapter with 3.25 mini plug audio cable or adapter
- S-video cable
- Power off your equipment. Turn of your Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100 and then shut down your laptop.
- Plug in the S-video cable to the laptop. Locate the S-video port either on the side or back of your laptop. Insert one end of the plug on the S-video cable into the S-video port on your laptop.
- Plug the S-video cable to the Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100. Insert the other end of the plug on the S-video cable into the input located on the back panel of the Sony Bravia.
- Connect the audio cables to the laptop. Insert the Y-adapter mini plug on the adapter into the headphone jack on the laptop. Next, connect the audio cables red and white plugs to the two jacks on the Y-adapter.
- Connect the audio cables to the Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100. Push the plugs located on the other ends of the audio cables into Sony Bravia "Audio In" jack.
- Turn on your equipment. Once the laptop and Sony Bravia are turned on, press the "Input" button on the TV remote control. Continue to push "Input" until the image from laptop appears on the TV.