Knowing how to authorize a computer for iTunes can be necessary if you are using more than one computer to play music that you purchased on one iTunes account. This is Apple's way of preventing you from sharing your music with people. Follow these steps to authorize a computer for iTunes.
What you will need:
- A computer with iTunes installed
- Login information for an iTunes account
- Internet connection
- Open iTunes on the computer that you want to authorize to play music purchased from an iTunes account. This computer will need to be connected to the internet.
- Go to the Store tab at the top of the window and click it.
- From this menu, select Authorize computer. Enter the username and password for the iTunes account.
- Make sure that the check box next to the Apple logo is selected and not the logo of another program or system if you have used your iTunes account to purchase music.
- Click the authorize button. If you have entered the correct login information, then you will be notified that authorization was successful. If not, you can try again.
- You can repeat this process on up to five computers total. You are not allowed to share your music with other people.
Tip: If you need to deauthorize a computer, follow the same steps, except instead of clicking the authorize computer option under the Store menu, click the deauthorize computer button.
Tip: Deauthorize a computer before upgrading, uninstalling, reformatting, or getting rid of a computer so that you can avoid problems in authorizing other computers for your account.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.