How To Avoid Bumps And Cuts When Shaving
Learn how to avoid bumps and cuts when shaving to show off your smiling face (or other body parts). Smooth skin with no blemishes is appealing. Razor rash caused by bumps and cuts isn't attractive, but it can be avoided. Get a close shave and avoid bumps or cuts when shaving by following a few simple tricks.
To avoid bumps and cuts when shaving, you will need:
- A hot washcloth
- A facial brush
- Shaving cream
- A sharp razor blade
- Men's facial lotion
- Start with a hot washcloth. Soak your face or other body part to be shaved with a hot washcloth for a few minutes before you start shaving. Run the water until it is hot. Get the washcloth wet and squeeze the water from the washcloth. Place the wet, hot washcloth on your face or other body part and relax for a few minutes. This will open the pores of your skin and soften the hair to be shaved, allowing for a closer, smoother shave.
- Use a facial brush. Scrub your face with a soft facial brush, working in a circular motion all around your face or other area to loosen any in-grown hairs. This will bring the hairs forth to be shaved cleanly.
- Apply a good shaving cream. Add shaving cream to the area to be shaved. The shaving cream will soften and protect your skin from bumps and cuts. Allow it to sit on your face for a minute before you start to shave.
- Shave in the direction your hair grows. Use gentle strokes with a sharp razor blade and shave your face in the same direction your hair grows. Don't push the razor blade in to avoid bumps and cuts.
- Wash your face. Use the washcloth with warm water to wash the remaining shaving cream from your face. Splash cool water on your face to close the pores.
- Apply a good quality facial lotion. Using a men's facial lotion instead of regular aftershave lotion will protect your skin and prevent bumps and cuts.
- Wash your face throughout the day as needed. Keep your skin healthy and clean by washing it gently with a washcloth several times a day, as needed. This will remove dirt, oils and dry, dead skin so you'll be able to get a close shave tomorrow.