How to Avoid a Hangover
Knowing how to avoid a hangover can make every guy's Monday morning a bit easier. There are a few simple steps to follow to help keep your head from pounding the morning after a good night. If you want to know how to avoid a hangover remember to do these things before and after you start drinking.
Before You Party
- Eat. It is common knowledge that you get drunk faster on an empty stomach. That is because the food is absorbing some of the alcohol that would otherwise be entering your bloodstream. Less common knowledge is that your body loses a lot of vitamins as you drink, so eating foods high in vitamins beforehand will help to keep your body balanced and feeling good.
- Drink. It is also common knowledge that alcohol dehydrates you, so it is important to be hydrated before you start to party. Having water or juice before a party can help you tremendously. These two steps are the most important to remember when learning how to avoid a hangover.
While You Party
- Eat. Yes, learning how to avoid a hangover is actually a quite simple process. Continue eating while you drink to help slow down the effects of the alcohol and replace lost vitamins.
- Drink. Again, staying hydrated is paramount if you are trying to avoid a hangover. The cottonmouth feeling and headaches associated with hangovers are symptoms of dehydration. If you can drink something with vitamins that will go even further in keeping you hangover free.
- Drink in Moderation. This applies to the alcoholic beverages you are drinking. Knowing how to avoid a hangover also means knowing your limits. If you are drinking excessively than practically no amount of water and food will prevent a hangover.
After You Party
- Drink Some More. Drink more water or juice before you go to bed to help your body stay hydrated.
- Throw Up. This step only applies if you feel like you have to throw up. If you start feeling nauseous after drinking just go ahead and let it out. If you want to know how to avoid a hangover you should remember that alcohol is a toxin. Throwing up is your body's way of getting rid of that toxin and making you feel better.
- Get Some Rest. This means you shouldn't stay out partying until 3:00 am if you have work at 8:00 am. As you now know, alcohol is essentially a toxin and your body needs time to recover from that. Getting a good night's sleep goes a long way in that recovery process.
If you follow those easy steps then you will know how to avoid a hangover. It's time to find a party and get some practice in at waking up headache free!