How to Avoid Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is the third most common cause of cancer-related death among men. This type of cancer affects the prostate gland and often causes low back pain, problems during urination, and painful ejaculation. If you are concerned about prostate cancer, it may be a good idea to find out how to avoid prostate cancer.
- Prevent prostate cancer by making the necessary lifestyle changes. To avoid prostate cancer it is important to know which lifestyle risk factors contribute to an increased risk for prostate cancer.
- Quit smoking, eating an unhealthy diet and not exercising to avoid prostate cancer. Men who consume large amounts of dairy products or red meat have a higher risk of prostate cancer. Obesity is thought to increase the risk of dying from prostate cancer, says the American Cancer Society. Exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet are the two best ways to combat obesity.
- Avoid anything that is known to cause prostate cancer in order to avoid prostate cancer. This includes unhealthy foods, excessive drinking, smoking, and environmental hazards.
- Take any medications you are prescribed for precancerous conditions to avoid prostate cancer.
- Ask your doctor to measure the hormones that are sometimes responsible for causing prostate cancer to help avoid prostate cancer. This is especially important if a relative has had prostate cancer.
- Make sure to have all prostate cancer screenings as they are required. Routine prostate cancer screening is one of the best ways to avoid prostate cancer.
Educate yourself about the prostate cancer risk factors to make it easier to avoid prostate cancer.