How To Avoid Razor Bumps
Do you shave frequently and need to learn ways on how to avoid razor bumps? Razor bumps are a real aggravation for many men. They can be bothersome and cause many men to feel ashamed of the bumps left behind from razors. The tips below will help you to avoid razor bumps before shaving begins.
- Scrub your face with a facial scrub or facial cream. This helps to exfoliate dead skin from the face. This brings out hairs that are ingrown and that causes razor burns from shaving.
- Shave after a bath or washing the face. Take a bath or wash your face in warm water before shaving. This helps open pores and gets the dirt out. It also softens the skin making for easier shaving.
- Use new razors. Open a new pack of razors with each shaving. When razors become dull they don't work as well. Dull razors can also pull at the skin when shaving, so new razors are always a good idea.
- Wet skin then lather. Always wet the face and then lather the area to be shaved. Let the lather sit on your face for a couple minutes. This allows the skin to be shaved to soften. Don't use soap to shave. This will leave razor bumps.
- Shave with small strokes. Take short strokes when shaving is best. Shave with the grain of your hair. If not, this will definitely cause razor bumps or burns. Also, don't press hard when shaving, as this too will cause razor bumps.