How To Avoid Shaving Bumps
It’s easy to learn how to avoid shaving bumps. Shaving bumps are irritating and difficult to get rid of but there are ways to be free of them.
If you want to avoid shaving bumps, you will need:
- Fog-resistant mirror
- Shaving oil
- Shaving brush
- Product for shaving bumps
- Cotton pad
- Choose the right razor. The array of choices in razors can be overwhelming. What you need is a high quality razor with a double or triple blade. Disposable razors are not as high quality as razors with a replaceable head. Another option is the straight blade. There is a reason that barbers use them, they give you a dependably close shave and help you to avoid shaving bumps.
- Use plenty of hot water. Shaving in the shower gives your beard time to be exposed to the hot water and soften up making shaving much smoother and with less shaving bumps in the end. You will need a fog resistant mirror for the shower.
- Apply shaving oil. Shaving oil takes only a few drops and work better with your razor than shaving cream. Some men who can’t get away from using shaving cream can put the oil on the face before applying the shaving cream. If you decide to go with shaving cream only get a moisturizing one to keep from drying out the skin which can lead to shaving bumps.
- Apply shaving oil or cream with a brush. The brush lifts beard hairs up instead of flattening them as your fingertips do. Less tugging on the skin means less shaving bumps.
- Exfoliate your skin. It’s not just for women; men need to exfoliate their skin as well especially if they want to avoid shaving bumps. Use an exfoliating product to remove dead skin cells. This will also help with ingrown hairs. Some moisturizers have a chemical exfolliant built in.
- Try a product for shaving bumps. A small amount is applied to the skin with a cotton pad right after shaving and can help to reduce shaving bumps.
Posted on: Oct. 17, 2010