Knowing how to avoid stretch marks depends on different methods you take to prevent the skin from stretching. Many men assume women are most likely to develop stretch marks, but it affects anyone regardless of gender. Learn the proper ways to take of your body and protect it from unsightly flaws on your skin.
To avoid stretch marks, you will need:
- Natural oils
- Healthy food containing vitamin E
- Exercise in moderation. Most men, especially those into bodybuilding, tend to gain vast amount of muscle mass and while they may bulk on the muscle, their skin stretches, which lead to stretch marks. Exercising in moderation at least two to three times per week and not constantly lifting heavy weights helps avoid stretch marks.
- Eat healthy. When gaining weight, fat naturally spreads in certain areas of the skin, stomach, arms, legs or buttocks as the skin thins out and becomes stretch marks. Eating food containing vitamin E helps avoid stretch marks as vitamin E is beneficial in keeping the skin firm and resilient. Foods that contains vitamin E are spinach, hazelnuts and broccoli. Also, drink several glasses of water daily for the skin to stay elastic.
- Use creams without steroids. If you use prescription or over-the-counter products that contains steroids, you will likely receive stretch marks. Watch out for topical creams and ointments with the active ingredient, hydrocortisone. Drug prescription creams is stronger than over-the-counter ones with hydrocortisone and lead to severe stretch marks if you used improperly or consistently. If you suffer from eczema, rosacea or any type of rash condition, there is natural remedies, such as vitamin E oil, coconut oil, flax seed oil or aloe vera.
- Moisturize your skin. Keep your skin fresh and healthy and use natural products such as shea butter, wheat germ oil and olive oil to keep stretch marks from developing. Treating your skin well prevents unwanted stretch marks and makes you happy in the long run.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.