Learning how to avoid UTI infections is easier than you think. Just a few changes to your lifestyle can considerably decrease your chances of contracting a urinary tract infection. You don’t have to give up on sex. And you don’t have to learn to live with the discomfort associated with UTI symptoms. The right preventive steps will help you avoid UTI infections year round.
- Drink frequently. Even slight dehydration can increase your risk for contracting a Urinary Tract Infection. Get into the habit of drinking regularly, especially water. Take a bottle of water with you when you go for a day at the beach or shopping at the mall. Even surrounded by venues that sell beverages you are more likely to drink enough if you have a bottle of water with you. Continuous drinking will cause you to urinate frequently. The best way to avoid UTI infections is to flush out the urinary tract from any foreign bacteria throughout the day
- Avoid the area of the anus. To avoid UTI infections try to decrease introduction of bacteria to the urethral opening, the area from which urine leaves your body. It is natural for bacteria to reside on the human body and especially around the anus. Women can avoid UTI infections by wiping from front to back after urination, instead of back to front. Men and women can both avoid UTI infections by never wiping their genitals with the same toilet paper used around the anus.
- Urinate without delay. Though urinating frequently can be a nuisance, it will help you avoid UTI infections by flushing your urinary tract before bacteria can proliferate through it. When you feel the need to urinate, it’s important to do so as soon as possible. This will encourage your body to continue producing more urine, which will flush out your urinary tract further.
- Avoid scented soaps and panty liners. Avoid washing your genital area with performed soaps as these may irritate the urethra and cause swelling which may increase the chances of bacteria becoming trapped at the opening to the urinary tract. Dye free and perfume free white soap like Dial soap bars will help you avoid UTI infections. For women, perfumed panty liners and tampons may also cause irritation and should be avoided to prevent urinary tract infections.
- Take cranberry supplements. Because of their high acid content, cranberries have been found efficacious in preventing urinary tract infections. By drinking cranberry juice or taking cranberry supplements you can make it difficult for bacteria to thrive in your urinary tract and bladder. For best results avoiding UTI, look for pure cranberry juice or supplements containing 500 mg of cranberry extract.
- Urinate after sex. The rubbing action common in sexual intercourse may cause bacteria to penetrate the urethra, the opening to the urinary tract. To avoid UTI infections, make sure you urinate after sex to help flush out bacteria before it spreads to the bladder.
You can never eliminate your exposure to bacteria that cause Urinary Tract Infections, but you can avoid UTI by creating an environment in which the bacteria cannot thrive. Then your natural antibodies can kill small populations of bacteria in your body without your ever realizing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.