Need to know how to backup a smartphone? As smartphones become increasingly popular, it is a good idea to learn how to back them up. This is because of the amount of personal information that is normally stored on phones. Contacts, calendars and documents could be lost if the phone is misplaced or damaged. Smartphones encompass a wide variety of different phones, but this guide will help you learn more about how to backup smartphones of several different types.
To backup a smartphone, you will need:
- A smartphone
- A computer
- A USB cable for the phone
- To backup a Windows smartphone, download and install Windows Mobile Device Center if you have Windows Vista or 7 installed. Otherwise, install Microsoft ActiveSync. These programs allow you to synchronize information from your phone to your computer.
- You will also need Outlook installed to make use of this information on your computer. If you don't have it installed, you can download the demo of Microsoft's next version of Outlook and Office for free now. Just look on their website.
- Connect your phone to your computer with the USB cable. It should be detected and installed.
- Set up the phone to backup the types of content you want to on your computer. This can be done in Windows Mobile Device Center or ActiveSync depending on what was determined in step one.
- To backup a Blackberry, download the Blackberry synchronization program from the Blackberry website. Install this program on your computer.
- You will also need Outlook installed to make use of this information on your computer. If you don't have it installed, you can download the demo just like in step two above.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable. It should be detected and synchronize, according to the options set in the Blackberry desktop program.
- To backup other smartphones, these general steps still apply. You will need to go to your phone manufacturer's website to find out what synchronization program it is designed to work with. Download and install the program depending on what the phone is designed to use. Connect the phone with the USB cable to the computer and synchronize the phone.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.