How To Backup Xbox 360 Games
Let’s face it, video games are expensive, so learning how to backup Xbox 360 games is very important. We know that no one wants to spend $60 just to end up with a scratched game that will not play. Backing up Xbox 360 games is not the easiest task, but it can be done.
To backup Xbox 360 games, you will need:
- A modded (hard or soft modded, does not matter) and flashed Xbox 360
- A crossover cable
- A new or custom hacked dashboard on your Xbox 360
- FlashFXP, which is an FTP program
- Qwix, a program to make an ISO file out of an Xbox 360 game
- BlindWrite, used to burn the ISO file to a disk
- Some DVD-Rs
- A game to copy
- A laptop
- Make sure you have your Xbox 360 modded and flashed prior to trying to backup Xbox 360 games or they will not play. You can get some information about modding your Xbox 360 at http://xbox360.tamilar.org/.
- Turn on your Xbox 360 and go to your dashboard settings. From here you want to make sure your IP address is set to 192.168.0.100 and the Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0. Also, make sure the static IP is set to ON. Save your settings and connect the crossover cable from the Xbox’s ethernet port to your laptop’s ethernet port. Go into the network settings on your laptop and right click on “Properties.” Click on the internet protocol and select “Use the Follow IP.” Now you will have to set the IP as 192.168.0.100 and the Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.0. Boot your Xbox 360 back up and open FlashFXP on the laptop. Click on the lightning bolt in FlashFXP and set the server URL as 192.168.0.100. The username and the password should both be “xbox.” The laptop is now connected to your Xbox 360.
- Now that the laptop is connected to the Xbox 360, open Qwix. Click on “Create ISO” in Qwix to start the backup process. You will then see a source menu, click FTP folder and click the browse button to select the game you wish to copy. The game can be located on either the Xbox 360 hard drive or in the disk drive. Under options, click on the auto cross link box and select “Create ISO.”
- You will now be asked to name the ISO file and select a location where it will be copied. When you do this, make sure it says “Xbox ISO files” in the “Save as Type” box. Click on "Save." The Xbox 360 backup with be copied to your laptop as an ISO file.
- Once the game is copied as an ISO file to your laptop, open BlindWrite. This program will be used to copy the ISO file to the DVD-R. BlindWrite is a very good program to use to copy games. It will extract all of the characteristics of your game to your hard drive to create a working copy of the game.
- The Xbox 360 game backup is now created and is ready to be played on your system. If you have not modified your Xbox 360 already to play the copied games, you will need to do so now. You have two options for doing this. You can go buy a MOD chip, which are available online. You can also change the BIOS of the Xbox 360 so that it will no longer require the media to be digitally signed. The problem with modding your Xbox 360 is it voids your warranty, so be careful.