If you're a beginning skater, it's a good idea to learn how to bar lace skate shoes. Bar lacing your skate shoes looks tidy, and it's more comfortable, since it relieves much of the pressure that shoe laces can place on the tops of your feet. Bar lacing also allows medical personnel to remove your shoe quickly if you hurt yourself. Here's how to bar lace a pair of skate shoes.
- Run the shoe lace straight across the bottom, between the first two eyelets. Keep the ends of the laces inside the shoe.
- Run one end straight up and out through the first eyelet on the right side. Run it straight across the shoe and put it back through the second eyelet on the left side.
- Run the other end of the lace straight up and out of the third eyelet on the left side. Skip the second eyelet. Feed that end of the lace out of the third eyelet and run it straight across the shoe. Feed it into the third eyelet on the right side.
- Run the first end of the shoe lace straight up and out the fourth eyelet on the left side. Run it straight across the shoe, and feed it into the fourth eyelet on the right side. Run the lace straight up and out of the sixth eyelet on the right side, skipping the fifth eyelet.
- Bring the other shoe lace up and feed it out of the fifth eyelet on the right side. Run it straight across the shoe and feed it into the fifth eyelet on the left side. Pull it back out through the sixth eyelet on the left side. Now you've bar laced your skate shoes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.