How To Be A Better Person
Learning how to be a better person is a life long process. There is no small sampling of activities that will truly make you a better person. However, with ongoing practice and commitment, you can become a better person by doing some of the following activities.
- Volunteer. Simple acts of service have transformed many volunteers and those they have served. Volunteering puts you in contact with people you never would have spoken with otherwise, so you will learn a lot. It also feels good to serve. Volunteering will greatly accelerate your growth into a better person. Don't overdo it, though. Setting healthy boundaries and knowing when to say no will also help you become a better person.
- Meditate. Learning how to be relaxed and mindful is essential for learning how to be a better person. Stop and check in with yourself at least once per day and preferably more often. Check your breathing patterns and watch your mental chatter. Tune in to what you are feeling in your body. You must train yourself to be in touch with your body, thoughts and emotions if you want to make progress toward being a better person.
- Call old friends. It is a lot easier than it used to be to keep in touch with old friends and loved ones. Stay connected and catch up on things. They will probably be very happy that you called.
- Make an effort to resolve conflicts. You may have burned some bridges with others. Others may have burned bridges with you. After things cool off, contact these people and let them know how much you care. Tell them you want to talk things through with a strong emphasis on listening and understanding. There may be some profound lessons waiting.
- Never stop learning. Growth is impossible without learning. Books, how to videos and courses are great ways to learn with the intellect. However, learning goes way beyond gathering facts and figures and learning how to calculate things. Everyone has something to teach you, even people you dislike. If you treat everyone as a teacher and be open to the lessons of every interaction, you will grow much more rapidly. A healthy dedication to learning and growth is absolutely essential if you wish to continually become a better person.