How To Be A Brute In Halo 3
So, you’ve been owned one too many times by that newbie with the shotgun, and now you’re just about ready to do anything to find out how to be a brute in Halo 3. Or maybe that’s totally not the case at all, and you’re just interested in some handy tips to help you completely dominate the Halo 3 multiplayer experience. Whatever the case may be, you’ll be ready to show all those online baddies who’s boss after a read-through of this bad boy.
- Avoid the Assault Rifle. In the majority of Halo 3 matches, you will spawn with an AR as your primary weapon and a pistol as your secondary. It is advised that you not settle for less, and always try to immediately start searching for something better. The only cases where AR’s are handy are in very close encounters with the enemies, and honestly, the bulk of your encounters won’t be that close. So, you’re going to need something that will perform at mid-range and/or long distances. Guns such as the Carbine or BR (battle rifle) are great in almost all situations. By the way, learn how to handle a BR, and you’ll be a brute in Halo 3 in no time.
- Know Your Battle Rifle. We all know that the battle rifle is not an easy weapon to get used to, and competently handling the gun takes a bit of practice. We get that. However, to fully be able to call yourself a brute in Halo 3, learning how to efficiently eliminate your opponent in four headshots with this gun will give you a nice, significant advantage over the enemy. This is something that takes a little bit of practice, though, so before you immediately log onto Xbox Live and start trying to rampage your way to a level 50, spend some time in Social Slayer and practice.
- Aim for the Head. If you have enough time to go grab a Coke from the fridge while you’re trying to finish off that guy that just won’t die, then you’re probably doing something wrong. In Halo 3, aiming for the head reaps greater rewards than just spraying and praying. If you can make a habit out of striving for a headshot, you’ll find you’ll be using a fraction of the ammo that you would have previously used.
- Keep an Eye on the Radar. In the majority of cases, you don’t necessarily have to use the radar, but in other situations, it’s a big deal. If you’re hesitant about using a lift or entering an area that might contain baddies, resort to your handy dandy radar. Crouching makes you invisible on the radar, so use this to your advantage as well. Next time you’re waiting around a doorway with a sword for that unsuspecting victim, don’t be Captain Obvious. A brute in Halo 3 crouches!
- Strafe, Strafe, Strafe. Strafing is moving from side to side while shooting. It’s a nice little dance you can bestow on your enemy as soon as they see you. This makes it pretty difficult for the enemy to get a good shot on you, but be careful, because it will make getting a good shot on the enemy hard for you as well. Master this technique, and you’ll certainly be a brute in Halo 3.
- Stay Moving, Stay Looking. If you find yourself to be moving around out in the open, you should rarely ever come to a halt unless it is absolutely called for. In this game, if you want to totally dominate your competition and be a brute in Halo 3, you don’t want to make it easy for your opponents to kill you, so stopping to get a steady shot on somebody would probably not be the best of ideas. Practice moving while shooting and you’ll be one mean, lean, gun-wielding son-of-a-gun. Another great tip in Halo 3 multiplayer is to keep an eye out everywhere. Try to constantly look around and be aware of your surroundings. Before running out into an open area, make sure you’re not putting yourself into an asinine situation. Be ready to pop off on anybody that might be lurking in the open!