How do you become a commercial driver license (CDL) instructor in New York? Many public and private trucking companies in New York offer truck driving courses and they need qualified instructors to teach students how to drive commercial trucks. Trucking companies do not want to put unqualified, untrained individuals behind the wheel of a truck. As a CDL instructor in New York, you will be teaching students how to drive commercial trucks.
Things you’ll need:
- CDL license
- Medical examiner’s certificate
- Good driving record
- Ability to teach students to drive trucks
- Start your career as a CDL instructor in New York by getting your CDL in New York. It will be very difficult to teach someone how to drive a commercial truck if you do not have a commercial license. Work for a trucking company in New York for at least three years so that you will have some truck driving experience. Read and study information about the state of New York commercial truck driving laws and requirements for CDL instructors.
- Make sure that you keep a good driving record. Do your best not to get a traffic ticket to increase your chances of becoming a commercial driving instructor in New York. Set a fine example for the students by following all the driving laws.
- Apply for CDL instructor positions in New York. Mail your resume and cover letter to trucking schools in New York. Follow up with each job by calling the trucking school to check the status of your resume. Call New York commercial driving instructors and ask them how they landed their job. These steps will help you become a CDL instructor in New York.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.