Want to know how to become a CHL instructor? A "CHL" stands for concealed handgun license. These types of permits are typically regulated and issued from the Department of Public Safety and have strict requirements that follows:
- Legal resident or a valid non-resident license.
- 21 years of age or 18 years if in active duty or honorably discharged from the military.
- Never been convicted of a felony or have been convicted of a class A or B misdemeanor or disorderly conduct within the last 5 years.
- Not charged at the moment of applying with a class A or B misdemeanor.
- Qualify under state and federal laws to carry a firearm.
- Nondelinquent on any payments due to the state such as property taxes.
- No restrictions by a protective or restraining order involving a person.
- Not been the subject of prosecution for a felony grade juvenile delinquent conduct in the last 10 years.
You must enroll and pass a training course provided by the Department of Public Safety. These courses usually range about 40 hours to complete that cover methods of training and instruction. The steps include:
- Go online to the following address http://www.txchia.org/cr-80.pdf to obtain an application request as an instructor.
- Fill out and submit a request for application as an instructor and mail it to the address listed.
- Go online to the appropriate certification website and provide the following information: Social Security number, Driver's License or State ID, or if necessary a valid credit card.
- Wait for a background check to be completed.
- Fill out an application package provided by mail.
- The Department of Public Safety will send information for training classes as a new instructor.
- Each state may regulate the requirements and certifications process differently.
- Some states may not require a CHL to become an instructor.
- Do proper research with your local state gun laws before pursuing this field.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.