How To Be Eco Friendly At Work
Need to know how to be eco-friendly at work? Now more than ever it is easy to become eco-friendly. If the company you work for is looking in the direction of going green, then they are on the right track. Whether you work at a large corporation or out of your home, there are some universal ways to be eco-friendly at work.
- Recycle paper, plastics and aluminum cans. There are many recycle bins around for these specific products.
- Catch the bus, carpool or ride a bike to work. If there are fewer cars on the road, then there will be less pollution in the air.
- Recognize or create an Earth Day. If everyone at work is aware of how important it is to protect the environment, your co-workers would become more eco-friendly at work.
- Incorporate motion sensor lights. By making sure electricity is not wasted in empty office spaces, you can save energy and become more eco-friendly.
- Install hand dryers in the restrooms. Automatic hand dryers are so much better than using paper towels because they cut down on tree consumption.
- Do more presentations. Instead of passing out training materials in a packet, show that training material on slides and save paper.
If everyone at work does even a little to become eco-friendly, a lot can be accomplished in a short period of time. It does not take a lot of money or knowledge to become more eco-friendly. Just start to implement some of the suggestions above and your workplace will become more eco-friendly before you know it!