Filming takes places all over Manhattan, but mainly in the Upper East Side. Extras must be available to report to the specified set and show up ON TIME! Call time for Gossip Girl can be as early as 6:30am and filming can last anywhere from 8-12 hours, so please only submit yourself if you are 100% reliable and available!
Once filming begins, email blasts will be sent to you. If you fit the criteria stated in the email and are available the day of filming, you simply reply back to said email with your contact information. If you are booked, you will receive a call from an XIST representative.
NON-UNION EXTRAS:To be considered for submission, please send an email with the subject line of GOSSIP GIRL EXTRAS to email@example.com.
Make sure to include ALL of the following information:
- Your full name
- cell phone number
- email address
- pant or skirt size
- and home address.
- Make sure to also include 1 professional headshot or snapshot of yourself.
UNION EXTRAS:CENTRAL CASTING is seeking SAG members who have not previously registered with them for background work on the television series “Gossip Girl”. This pays SAG covered background at the AFTRA rate of $98 for 8 hours. For consideration, please send current photos and contact information to:
Central Casting NY
875 Sixth Avenue, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10001
646-205-8244; 646-964-6512 (hotline)
As background actors or extras on Gossip Girl, you are always being observed and there are some rules, obvious and otherwise, that can effect your future work.
- Late is a four-letter word. Show up early for the call.
- Be polite to everyone. Use "please" and "thanks."
- Let people do their job. Don't bug them or get in their way.
- Be humble, interested in the work, and eager to do it.
- Confused about your assignment? Ask questions immediately.
- All departments, although separate, know what everyone else is doing.
- Always say "Thank you" if someone is catering to your needs in any way.
- Everyone in every department has worked hard to get there and will keep working hard to stay there.
- Watch what's going on around you. Pay attention.
- Learn and use your "wrangler's" name.
- Make your "wrangler" look good; do your job.
- Don't embarrass anyone. If you are smarter than others, keep it to yourself.
- Listen very carefully before you jump to conclusions.
- Work hard and willingly and do NOT ask "when will we be done?"
- The person you'll deal with the most on Gossip Girl is the "extras wrangler," who may be a production assistant or an assistant director. They are responsible for you and you are responsible to them.
- Don't ever consider anyone on set as beneath you. Many people working on a set aspire to do something else one day, which is why a wise background actor strives treats everyone with respect. That bearded gaffer could be a director by next year. The man pushing equipment around may sell the screenplay he's been writing for the last five years.
- The industry is a small world and two-thirds of your jobs come from referrals. Your reputation matters and bad behavior can ruin your career. On set, be humble, helpful, honest and eager. Don't be a threat to others. Take the work seriously and do your best.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.