- How To Help Your Parents Adjust To Retirement
- What To Do After Retirement
- How To Choose A Retirement Community Home For Your Parents
- How To Open A Retirement Home
- How To Become A Volunteer For A Retirement Community
- How To Open A Bank Of America Brokerage Account
- How To Open An Individual Retirement Account Online
How To Be Happy In Retirement
Many people look forward to the day when they no longer have to get up in the morning and head to work, but some people have to learn how to be happy in retirement. Retirement is a big change in one’s life and happiness in retirement may take some work to achieve.
- Visit with friends and family. Having a career can leave many people too busy to spend much quality time with their loved ones. Make yourself happy in retirement by creating that quality time. Take your grandchildren to the park or invite an old friend out to lunch.
- Take up a hobby. Children and jobs can cause people to quit doing the things they love or not pick up new ones. Get out your old paints and a canvas or head out to the golf course to be happy in retirement.
- Do all of the things you did not get to do before. Save for that European vacation or take a salsa class once you reach retirement. Happiness in retirement comes from trying all the new things you didn’t get around to trying before, whether it is continuing your education or having an adventure.
- Volunteer in your community. Give back in ways you were not able to before retirement. Help at a local soup kitchen or join the Big Brothers or Big Sisters program in your area.
- Get a part-time job. Many find that happiness in retirement comes from staying in the work force part time. This can give a retiree something to do as well as extra cash for the things they want to do, and the places they want to visit.
Posted on: May. 03, 2010